Cogeneration and Utilization of Waste Heat at LLC Lukoil Energy and Gas Ukraine
The purpose of the project is the increasing of the organic fuel use efficiency through combined heat and power generation based mainly on the visbroken atmospheric residue combustion, accompanied by greenhouse gases emission reductions. Project is realized by LLC Lukoil Energy and Gas Ukraine to improve the reliability of heat energy supply to the nearby JSC Lukoil-Odesskyi Oil- Refining Plant.
Generated electricity is supplied to the national grid to substitute electricity generated by power plants, but could also be used for covering electricity supply of the Lukoil-Odesskyi Oil- Refining Plant. Generated heat energy is used for covering the heat energy demand of the Lukoil-Odesskyi Oil- Refining Plant.
Services of KT-Energy included the whole cycle of joint implementation project realization, namely:
- Establishing baselines based on the requirements of international methodologies, national legislation and regulations, industry analysis and financial analysis;
- Preliminary analysis of generation potential of GHGs emissions reduction due to the realization of the investment project;
- Preparation of project idea note on Joint Implementation project according to the requirements of the State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine;
- Preparation of project design document on Joint Implementation project according to national and international requirements;
- Accompanying of the determination of Joint Implementation project by international Accredited Independent Entity;
- Accompanying of the approval of Joint Implementation project by the Focal Point of Host Country (State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine) and Investment Country;
- Accompanying of registration of Joint Implementation project according to the national and/or international procedures;
- Development of monitoring questionnaires for installations, preparation of monitoring reports and accompanying emission reductions verification process.