Greenhouse gases emissions reduction due to modernization of production facilities at LLC “Karpatnaftohim”
Project foresees greenhouse gases emissions reduction due to modernization of caustic soda production process by installing new production line using modern membrane technology and implementation of energy efficiency measures leading to decrease of specific energy resources consumption.
Installed caustic soda production unit has the capacity of 200 000 tonnes per year. Main installed equipment includes 9 electrolysis units and 3 evaporation units. Besides, project allowed partial substitution of natural gas for heat energy generation by hydrogen, which is a by-product of caustic soda production process.
Services of KT-Energy included the whole cycle of joint implementation project realization, namely:
- Establishing baselines based on the requirements of international methodologies, national legislation and regulations, industry analysis and financial analysis;
- Preliminary analysis of generation potential of GHGs emissions reduction due to the realization of the investment project;
- Preparation of project idea note on Joint Implementation project according to the requirements of the State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine;
- Preparation of project design document on Joint Implementation project according to national and international requirements;
- Accompanying of the determination of Joint Implementation project by international Accredited Independent Entity;
- Accompanying of the approval of Joint Implementation project by the Focal Point of Host Country (State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine) and Investment Country;
- Accompanying of registration of Joint Implementation project according to the national and/or international procedures;
- Development of monitoring questionnaires for installations, preparation of monitoring reports and accompanying emission reductions verification process.