Reduction of Greenhouse Gases Emissions Due to Energy Efficiency Improvements and Waste Heat Utilization at JSC “Ukrgrafit”
The purpose of the project is the increased efficiency of the energy resources use through waste heat utilization and the reduction of energy resources consumption accompanied by greenhouse gases emission reductions.
Within project boundaries three exhaust boilers will be installed for waste energy utilization from carbon fillers calcination furnaces. Heat energy, which is now being wasted, will be used for covering heat demand of the Enterprise and will substitute heat energy (steam), which would have been generated by coal fired boilers in the absence of the project activity.
Besides, project foresees reduction in energy resources consumption (electricity and natural gas), due to reconstruction of furnaces, electrocalcinators and other energy-efficiency improvement measures.
Services of KT-Energy included the whole cycle of joint implementation project realization, namely:
- Establishing baselines based on the requirements of international methodologies, national legislation and regulations, industry analysis and financial analysis;
- Preliminary analysis of generation potential of GHGs emissions reduction due to the realization of the investment project;
- Preparation of project idea note on Joint Implementation project according to the requirements of the State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine;
- Preparation of project design document on Joint Implementation project according to national and international requirements;
- Accompanying of the determination of Joint Implementation project by international Accredited Independent Entity;
- Accompanying of the approval of Joint Implementation project by the Focal Point of Host Country (State Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine) and Investment Country;
- Accompanying of registration of Joint Implementation project according to the national and/or international procedures;
- Development of monitoring questionnaires for installations, preparation of monitoring reports and accompanying emission reductions verification process.