Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan for the City of Druzhkivka for the Period 2018-2030
KT-Energy prepared Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan for the city of Druzhkivka (Donetsk region, Ukraine) for the period 2018-2030, which was approved by the City Council on 22 of December 2017.
Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans for cities are developed under the Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy initiative. The signatories of the initiative pledge to reduce CO2 emissions by at least 30% by 2030 and to adopt an integrated approach to tackling mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
Priority actions for reducing greenhouse gases emissions include:
- modernization of the buildings of educational facilities to implement energy efficiency measures and improve energy efficiency;
- capital repair and energy saving measures in the buildings of medical facilities and other public buildings;
- development of the outdoor lightening system using energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies;
- construction of modular closed-type wastewater treatment facility;
- reconstruction of lightening system in multi-apartment residential buildings;
- energy efficiency measures in residential buildings;
- district heating system modernization.
KT-Energy executed the following tasks within the preparation of sustainable energy and climate action plan:
- Analysis of city’s infrastructure and energy consumption in energy generation, transport, residential and public buildings sectors;
- Conducting energy audits of the key infrastructure sectors (residential buildings, public buildings, boiler houses) and identification of the main energy sector problems and energy efficiency improvement potential of the potential investment projects;
- Preparation of energy efficiency assessment reports (including general fuel and energy balance of the city) and long-term energy modernization strategy for each of the key infrastructure sectors;
- Development of city’s baseline greenhouse gases emissions inventory (direct GHG emissions due to fuel combustion (natural gas, petrol, diesel, etc.) and indirect emissions due to electricity consumption);
- Preparing the list of priority energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and estimation of potential GHG emissions reduction stemming from their implementation;
- Participation in the stakeholders’ consultation process with the involvement of energy generation and supply enterprises, water supply enterprise, members of the city council and its executive committee, and other stakeholders.
- Development of Municipal Energy Plan and Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan for the city of Druzhkivka till 2030 taking into account the outcomes of consultations with interested stakeholders.